Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering patient-centered care? Submit your application for Registered Nurse PRN Progressive Care Unit position and spend more time at the bedside with the patient.Benefits
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role, shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant!Job Summary and Qualifications
What You Will Do In Your Role:
- You will consistently apply the nursing process, critical thinking skills, scientific judgment, technical skills and leadership to independently deliver safe nursing care to patients.
- You will collaborate with the patient care team to achieve quality patient outcomes
- You will provide communication, confidence, and professionalism as evidenced by active engagement in unit and organizational activities
- You will demonstrate team work, adaptability, and serving as a resource to the patient care team
- You will have accountability for delivering quality nursing care services and for promoting a positive image of nursing
What qualifications you will need:
- Graduate of an accredited diploma, associates, or baccalaureate degree registered nursing program.
- Minimum of six (6) months of clinical experience as a licensed Registered Nurse
- Current Registered Nurse License in the State of Texas or Multi-State Compact License (Employees with RN Compact License are required to obtain Texas RN License within 90 days of hire date)
- Current American Heart Association BLS Certification
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant has been nationally recognized for its record setting kidney, liver and pancreas transplant programs. It is home to the Texas Transplant Institute and is the largest living donor kidney transplant program in the US. According to the United Network of Organ Sharing database, the center reached a major milestone in 2019 by performing 231 living donor kidney transplants in a single year setting a new national record - that's 65 more transplants than the second center on the list.
In addition to transplant care, Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant is a full service hospital with over 260 beds that provides specialized services for liver cancer care, emergency care, weight loss surgery, urology surgery, vascular surgery, inpatient rehabilitation, colorectal surgery and behavioral health care. It is a designated Center of Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery. Our Sexual Assault Response Team provides a compassionate environment for sexual assault survivors ages 13+, serving as a model for hospitals and agencies all over the world. Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant prides itself on providing the highest quality of patient care possible as proven by their consecutive Grade A scores from the Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade survey and ranking in the nation's top quartile for patient experience. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Hospital Specialty and Transplant under Locations."Across HCA Healthcare's more than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Registered Nurse PRN Progressive Care Unit opening. Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website