SALARY: $16.88 (NEGOTIABLE)
OPEN TO ONEIDA ENROLLED TRIBAL MEMBERS ONLY
Provide assistance to the Hygienist, helping maintain the schedule of patients. Clean room(s) and prepare for patient exams. Continuation of this position is contingent upon funding allocations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Will learn and assist the Hygienist in the following; a. Assist Hygienist with procedures and charting as necessary.
b. Provide chair side assistance to Dental Hygienist.
c. Remain with Hygienist and patient during procedures.
d. Ensure that all instruments, chart and radiographs are in the chair side area prior to the arrival of the patient.
e. Receive and direct the patient to the appropriate area of the clinic for anticipated treatment needs.
f. Clean disinfect and sterilize instruments.
g. Develop and process dental radiographs in accordance with Hygienists orders.
h. Review Hygienist schedule and help maintain patient flow throughout the day.
i. Review patient chart prior to Hygienist's arrival and anticipate the hygienist's needs for each patient.
j. Preform Coronal Polishing per Hygienist and/or Doctor's instruction.
k. Provide excellent customer service to help ensure a smooth and comfortable visit for the patient.
l. Take down and clean patient room after treatment. 2. Register patients; ensure all forms, electronic and paper, are filled out accurately and completely. a. Obtain insurance information and/or payment from patient prior to appointment.
b. Gather and update basic patient/client identification, proof of Tribal affiliation, insurance coverage, signature authorization, assignment of benefits, etc. on the automated Centricity patient accounting system.
c. Ensure appropriate intake information in the Health Information System and verify completeness and accuracy of all data. 3. Adhere to all Tribal Personnel Policies and Procedures, Tribal Standard Operating Procedures, and Area and Program Strategic Plans and Policies.
4. The above duties and responsibilities are not an all-inclusive list but rather a general representation of the duties and responsibilities associated with this position. The duties and responsibilities will be subject to change based on organizational needs and/or deemed necessary by the supervisor.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
1. Use hands, handle, feel; reach with hands and arms. Occasionally lift and /or move up to twenty-five (25) pounds.
2. Reach, pick-up and hold small objects.
3. Work is general performed in a climate-controlled setting with a moderate noise level. Potential exposure to blood borne pathogens. Exposure to latex products on a routine basis. Exposure to aerosols powders and dust.
4. Evening and/or weekend work may be required.
5. A Tuberculosis (TB) Screening and/or a 2 step TB Skin Test is required within thirty (30) days of employment
1. Ability to work as a team member within a clinical environment.
2. Ability to exhibit good personal hygiene and good personal oral hygiene at all times.
3. Ability to communicate effectively in the English language, both verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels.
5. Ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
6. Ability to carry out instructions furnished in verbal or written format.
7. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
8. Ability to maintain quality, safety, and/or infection control standards.
9. Ability and willingness to provide strong customer service orientation.
10. Ability to obtain Oneida Certification on reporting Child Abuse and Neglect within ninety (90) days.
11. Must be CPR and Red Cross First Aide Certified or the ability to obtain within three (3) months of employment. Must maintain CPR and Red Cross First Aide Certification during employment.
12. Must adhere to strict confidentiality in all matters. (Must sign a confidentiality statement prior to employment.)
13. Must be willing and able to obtain additional education and training.
14. Must complete Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) training within thirty (30) days of employment and annually thereafter.
15. Employees are required to have proof of immunity or dates of 2 doses of MMR and proof of immunity or dates of 2 doses of Varicella prior to starting in any position within the Oneida Comprehensive Health Division. Any refusal of vaccination(s) or failure to provide proof of immunity may disqualify the applicant.
16. Must pass a pre-employment drug screening. Must adhere to the Nation's Drug and Alcohol-Free Workplace Policy during employment.
17. Must pass a background security check with the Oneida Nation in order to meet the Employment Eligibility Requirements, Tribal/State Compact and/or Oneida Nation Gaming Ordinance as they pertain to the position. A temporary license or Gaming License issued by the Oneida Gaming Commission is required as a condition of employment and continuing employment within the Oneida Nation's Gaming Division.
18. A valid driver's license or occupational driver's license, reliable transportation and insurance is required. Must obtain a Wisconsin driver's license or occupational driver's license within thirty (30) days of employment if applicant has an out-of-state driver's license. Must be authorized as eligible to operate a Personal and Tribal vehicle under the Oneida Nation's Vehicle Driver Certification and Fleet Management Law prior to actual start date. Must maintain driver's eligibility as a condition of employment.
Applicants please clearly state on the application/resume if you meet these qualifications.
1. Certified Dental Assistant.
2. One (1) year of dental assisting, chair side experience.
3. One (1) year of clerical, receptionist, or office experience working in a medical or dental facility.
Applicants please clearly state how you meet these qualifications on the application/resume.
1. Must be an enrolled member of the Oneida Nation.
2. High School Diploma, HSED Diploma or GED Certification is required. Applicants age fitty (50) and older are exempt from this requirement.
ITEMS TO BE SUBMITTED:
Must provide a copy of diploma, license, degree or certification upon employment. Must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccination by date of hire to be considered. Proof of vaccination required.
Department: Dental Clinic
This is a full time position
Job Code: 02955
Closing Date: Until Filled
Responsible To: Dental Supervisor
Apply on company website