The Recruiting Manager will lead teams by providing guidance and expertise around staffing process and technology and will involve daily interaction with all members of the recruiting team regarding delegation of work, prioritization, and new initiatives. This role will specifically help ensure alignment between the recruiter, HRM, HRD, Area Vice President Ops for staffing goals and initiatives. This role will oversee the direction of recruiting supervisor(s) ensuring proper guidance, coaching and creative solutions.
In addition to people management this role will also create, and support company initiatives including specific functional/divisional initiatives, focus on critical role external sourcing and recruitment, and ensuring successful planning of staffing initiatives via strategic planning and local recruiting efficiencies.
This position will report to the Director of Staffing and regularly interact with the Field Ops Leadership, Director of Human Resources, Area HR Managers, and in collaboration with other staffing leadership peers.
This position will support the Penske Truck Leasing field and can be based anywhere across the US for the right candidate.
- Manage daily interaction with all recruiters including distribution of requisitions, balancing of recruiter workload, assisting with prioritization and productivity, assist with issue resolution and promote behaviors that enhance customer satisfaction
- Assure recruiters are consistent in their approach to following the recruiting process at Penske, verified through audits, assessments, and customer feedback
- Directs and oversees all staffing activities. In PTL, this includes Area Staffing Plans, Workforce Planning and technician hiring results for the regions and areas of responsibilities. In PL, this includes startup staffing strategies and focus on driver recruitment.
- Ensure strong and efficient collaboration between HR, Recruiting, and Operations, including HRD and AVPs to ensure alignment to staffing needs and activities
- Identify and develop bench strength for future staffing leadership- internal and external of staffing department
- Coach and develop direct reports including Recruiting Supervisors and Recruiters
- Oversee all necessary team management activities including associate relations, expense report management, training and company program compliance, and overall direct report engagement.
- Special projects to support organizational staffing initiatives (steering committees, rental staffing, overall recruiter training, etc.)
- Use Creative Thinking for innovative solutions to support business need/initiatives, to include acquisitions and/or labor market challenges
- Other projects as assigned by supervisor or other HR Leadership
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- 3 years recruiting experience required in a large, decentralized, high-volume, multi-site environment.
- 3 years management of direct reports required. Prior experience as a supervisor or manager at Penske highly preferred.
- 3 years project management experience preferred
- Must have demonstrated strong organizational and documentation skills
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to review reports and make recommendations
- Able to communicate effectively both in-person and through written correspondences and presentations with candidates, peers, managers, and leadership.
- Must have demonstrated internal customer service skills, including troubleshoot and problem-solving experiences.
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize.
- Willingness to travel, up to 40% to assigned operations by car, plane or train overnight, as required. Travel may occasionally be short notice as dictated by business needs.
- Excellent knowledge of Internet candidate data mining; recruiting certification preferred
- Strong knowledge of enterprise applicant tracking systems required, prior experience with Taleo preferred
- Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- The associate must regularly lift and /or move up to 25lbs/12kg and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50lbs/23kg.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include Close vision, Distance vision, Peripheral vision, Depth perception and Ability to adjust focus.
- While performing the duties of this Job, the associate is regularly required to stand; walk; sit and talk or hear. The associate is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms.
Penske is an equal opportunity employer.
Apply on company website