In Penske Talent Development, it is our core mission to grow leaders for our organization, our communities and our world. We bring out the best of leaders and teams at every level so that we can all do our best work and enjoy a sense of pride, purpose and fulfillment in our roles.
In Talent Development, we:
• Grow leaders at all levels of the organization
• Take a holistic approach to human development that builds both skillsets and mindsets to handle even the most complex challenges
• Continuously innovate. Leveraging technology, research and thought leadership to scale the impact of our work
• Invest in our own learning and development
• Stay curious
The Senior Manager of Leadership & Org Development is responsible for leading the evolution, execution of a portfolio of leadership development initiatives and solutions for leaders and teams across the enterprise. This role will focus primarily on the growth and development of first-level leaders who have newly made the transition from individual contributor to people leader. This role is responsible for the design, development and facilitation of leadership development programs, workshops, individual and team development coaching and consulting, development assessment administration and debriefs, and other customized leadership development solutions that align with our mission and meet the needs of the business.
The role offers the opportunity to lead development initiatives at scale across the enterprise and requires close collaboration with leadership and human resources partners. The ideal candidate will be passionate and experienced in learning design, adult development, emotional intelligence, facilitation and coaching. The Senior Manager will report to the Director of Leadership & Succession Development.
• Design, develop, facilitate and evaluate advanced leadership development programs and initiatives linking business strategies to individual and organization performance. Design and facilitate leadership development programs and modules to the highest standards of program design and delivery. Use master facilitation skills and techniques to meet participants where they are and lead them toward their growing edge.
• Leverage deep and broad subject matter expertise in Emotional Intelligence to design, develop and deliver the organization's portfolio of Emotional Intelligence development experiences that build upon each other and span various levels of leadership.
• Collaborate with functional and regional leaders to align on a consistent approach to development planning and provide targeted resources to support business needs. Conduct necessary needs assessments to determine organizational learning and capability requirements. Design and facilitate small group to large group interventions. Conduct leadership consultations and develop solutions at individual leader, group, and function levels.
• Lead assessment debriefs and coaching for leadership development programs designed at a level and for critical roles. Debrief multiple psychometric assessments for cohorts of programs that will result in increasingly complex understandings of the self, others and the systems in which they are embedded.
• Other projects as assigned
• Master's Degree in related area of study (i.e., OD, HR, I/O Psychology) or equivalent experience required
• Solid base of professional certifications and qualifications within Leadership Development required
• 5 years of leadership development program facilitation experience required
• Must have deep subject matter expertise in program design & facilitation, adult development, emotional intelligence, and transformational learning
• Excellent communication, project and program management, and influence skills required
• Sincere hunger to learn
• Personal humility and professional will
• Must have in depth knowledge of group dynamics
• Must have leadership coaching experience
• Understanding of psychometrics and working knowledge of a number of psychological assessments preferred
• Strong executive presence and interpersonal skills; organization savvy and quickly garners credibility with senior executives as well as associates at all levels of the organization required
• Self-directed, problem-solver who works well in ambiguous and complex organization processes and systems
• Excellent individual and organizational diagnostic skills and a bias for action
• Mindset and Perspective: Results and effectiveness oriented; sees long term goals; is concerned with issues of ethics and justice; deliberately, prioritizes work tasks; inquiring and open to feedback; the future inspires; is drawn to learning; seeks mutuality in relations, collaborative; is aware of personal patterns of behavior.
• Regular, predictable, full attendance is an essential function of the job
• Willingness to travel as necessary, work the required schedule, work at the specific location required, complete Penske employment application, submit to a background investigation (to include past employment, education, and criminal history) and drug screening are required.
-The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
-The associate will be required to: read; communicate verbally and/or in written form; remember and analyze certain information; and remember and understand certain instructions or guidelines.
-While performing the duties of this job, the associate may be required to stand, walk, and sit. The associate is frequently required to use hands to touch, handle, and feel, and to reach with hands and arms. The associate must be able to occasionally lift and/or move up to 25lbs/12kg.
-Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Penske is an Equal Opportunity Employer
About Penske Transportation Solutions:
Penske Transportation Solutions is the umbrella brand for Penske Truck Leasing, Penske Logistics, Epes Transport Systems, Penske Vehicle Services, and related businesses. Our businesses provide innovative transportation, supply chain and technology solutions to keep the world moving forward. Visit GoPenske.com to learn more.
Apply on company website