Do you want to be appreciated daily? Our nurses are celebrated for being on the front line, empathetic for patients. At HCA Midwest Health Hospitals our nurses set us apart from any other healthcare provider. We are seeking a(an) Nursing Student to join our healthcare family in a learning and engaged position. This role is PRN and very flexible and supportive to your school schedule. If you are loving clinical rotations, this gives you an opportunity to learn more in a hands on environment, and the position will continue to grow with you through your senior year.
Only 1 application is needed to be considered for all opportunities within our 7 Hospitals with HCA Midwest Health.
We will schedule a phone call with you immediately to discuss your preferences, areas of interests, and opportunities to shadow.
You must actively be enrolled in a Nursing program to be considered for this position.
Whether you are attending school locally or only considering working summers, winter breaks, etc, this role is a perfect Segway to your Graduate Nurse position.
HCA Healthcare, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection, legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave, long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee Benefits
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
At HCA Healthcare, our nurses play a vital part. We know that every nurse's path and purpose is unique. Do you want to create your own personal career path in nursing? HCA Healthcare is your career destination! Our scale makes it possible for nurses to create the career path that fits their life – for life – and empowers their passion for patient care. Apply today for our Nurse Internship HCA Hospitals opportunity.
Job Summary and Qualifications
- The Nurse Extern delivers high quality, patient-centered care by performing a variety of delegated basic patient care services related to common nursing functions and activities of daily living.
- Under the supervision of the registered nurse (RN), the Nurse Extern assists the nursing staff in providing patient care in accordance with the Nurse Extern's skills/training and the needs of the Department, and consistently assists the patient care team with maintaining a clean, well-organized, and safe patient care environment.
- The Nurse Extern is currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited school of nursing and can perform higher-level procedures once competency is achieved.
- Flexible Schedule with opportunity to earn shadow time on additional units.
- Post orientation and clinical skills check off, nursing students receive hands on experience working with a Registered nurse performing more nursing skills.
- Opportunity to interview early for Graduate Nurse opportunities.
- Apply Now to continue a conversation with a recruiter today on how we can continue to support you!
What qualifications you will need:
- Actively enrolled in an Accredited Nursing Program, with completion of Nursing Fundamentals or Active C.N.A license in the State of Kansas and/ or Missouri depending on which hospital you are interested in.
- Basic Cardiac Life Support must be obtained within 30 days of employment start date
- High School Graduate / GED
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies® by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses.
"The great hospitals will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the really great institutions will provide care with warmth, compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
Join a family that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing candidates for our Nurse Internship HCA Hospitals opening.Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website