SPC Extrusion Process Technician
Operate and troubleshoot SPC extrusion lines during startup, normal operation, and shut down. All tasks and duties are to be performed safely, while continuing efforts to maximize performance measures of the equipment and process.
- Operate equipment and make machine/process adjustments for optimized production of SPC products.
- Monitor key equipment parameters and record data as applicable. SPC Extrusion Technician I will use key equipment parameters to make adjustments to the process for optimized results.
- Continually inspect key product characteristics at designated frequencies to ensure A grade acceptability.
- Read, analyze, interpret, and react to charts and graphs while performing step 1.
- Perform physical line walks at designated intervals to monitor/inspect for product quality, equipment reliability, and general housekeeping.
- Utilize the work order entry system to enter and/or complete safety, conditional, and reactive work orders/requests.
- Conduct technical experiments including but not limited to thermal separation, mechanical separation and extrusion of PCC and PI
- Assist with trial runs in production processes
- Assist with troubleshooting quality issue.
- Assist in developing and updating equipment operating and maintenance procedures.
- Troubleshoot and/or modify equipment systems related failures.
- Escalate unresolved failures past length of downtime limits and/or ability to address level of mechanical/electrical/programming complexity.
- Actively participate in and contribute to leadership decision making on new product and equipment trials
- Participate in improvement teams.
- Operate successfully in a team environment.
- Train new Extrusion operator-Technicians.
- Actively seek means to increase technical competency
Previous equipment operation and equipment troubleshooting experience required.
Read, write, and comprehend instructions, graphs, diagrams, schematics, charts, and pertinent information related to equipment and process.
Mechanical and some electrical aptitude preferred.
Strong problem solving.
Strong ability to multi-task
Willingness to learn new things and agility in work scope
Ability to work in a constantly changing environment
Ability to work on projects that will have extended duration, not just daily tasks
Familiarity with extrusion processes.
Able to operate powered industrial trucks.
Must be able to handle the stress of meeting goals and production requirements.
Must be able to visualize defects in the product.
Must be able to visualize color defects in the product.
12 Hr rotating shift, Hrs fall to in punch day, Act Calendar, shift starts PM, days change only
Shaw is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing a workplace free of discrimination, harassment, and retaliation. It is our policy to recruit, hire, train, and promote individuals in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, or any other legally protected status.
Apply on company website