Do you want to join an organization that invests in you as a(an) Radiology Technologist PRN? At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, you come first. HCA Healthcare has committed up to $300 million in programs to support our incredible team members over the course of three years.Benefits
At St. David's South Austin Medical Center, we want to ensure your needs are met. We offer eligible colleagues an attractive benefit package that includes medical, wellbeing, dental and vision benefits along with some unique benefits including:
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Flexible Spending
- Paid Time Off (PTO) and Personal Leave
- 401K (100% annual match - 3% to 9% of pay based on years of service)
- Academic Assistance and Reimbursements for Tuition and Student Loans
- Employee Discounts including Tickets, Retail, Mental Health Apps, Education Apps, Identity Theft Protection etc.
- Home, Auto, and Pet Insurance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability coverage
- Adoption Assistance
- Legal Benefits and lots more!
Learn more about Employee Benefits
You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on our patients' lives and you have the opportunity to make a difference. We are looking for a dedicated Radiology Technologist PRN like you to be a part of our team.Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Radiology Technologist, you will operate standard, portable, and specialized X-ray equipment to perform routine and semi-complex radiographic examinations used by physicians for diagnosis and treatment. Provides appropriate patient care and recognizes patient conditions essential for successful completion of the procedure.
- You will prepare patients for radiological procedures and take x-rays following established procedures for patient care and safety
- You will develop and process films and transmit to a Radiologist for interpretation
- You will administer contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations
- You will ensure prompt transfer of images and documents to PACS system (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history)
- You will turn over and prepare room using aseptic technique between patients and clean / sterilize equipment
- You will follow radiation safety procedures and guidelines
- 1 year experience as a Radiology Technologist - preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Graduate of an American Medical Association approved program in Radiologic Technology or equivalent
Licenses and Certifications
- Current Medical Radiologic Technologist (MRT) certification with Texas Medical Board (TMB)
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. David's Healthcare policy Certified in Radiology by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists American Registry of Radiologic Technology (ARRT, (R))
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute-care facility in central Texas with more than 300 patient beds. The hospital is known in the community for its nationally accredited oncology program – the Sarah Cannon Blood Cancer Center, home to the area's only adult bone marrow transplant program – and Level II trauma center. The facility's full range of specialized services includes cardiovascular care and rehabilitation, imaging services, women's services, joint replacement and orthopedics, surgical services including weight loss surgery, wound care, emergency care, cancer care, nutrition services, and a sleep disorder center. The hospital operates three full-service emergency centers.
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two local non-profits — St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere Institute for over a decade. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses."Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder
We are a family 270,000 dedicated professionals! Our Talent Acquisition team is reviewing applications for our Radiology Technologist PRN opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. Submit your resume today to join our community of caring!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Apply on company website