DescriptionSHIFT: No Weekends
Do you have the career opportunities as a Manager you want in your current role? We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Summerville Medical Center, a facility that is part of the nation's leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
We are committed to providing our employees with the support they need. At Summerville Medical Center, we offer an array of medical, dental, and vision packages as well as several add-on perks to make your benefits package truly customizable to you and your family needs. Some of our unique benefits we offer include:
- Tuition Reimbursement/Assistance Programs
- Student Loan Assistance Programs
- Paid Personal Leave
- 401k (100% annual match – 3%-9% of pay based on years of service)
- Identity Theft Protection discounts
- Auto, Home, and Life Insurance options
- Adoption Assistance
- Employee Stock Purchase Program (ESPP)
Our teams are a committed, caring group of colleagues. Do you want to work as a Manager where your passion for creating positive patient interactions are valued? If you are dedicated to caring for the well-being of others, this could be your next opportunity. We want your knowledge and expertise!
The Manager is responsible for planning, organizing, staffing and directing functions to ensure the effective operation of the unit. In cooperation with the leadership team, the Manager will be instrumental in developing plans, policies and procedures to efficiently provide quality care. We are an amazing team that works hard to support each other and are seeking a phenomenal addition like you who feels patient care is as meaningful as we do. We want you to apply now.
What you will do in this role:
- You will ensure effective, flexible utilization of staff within staffing guidelines, taking into consideration the staff's competency and patient acuity
- You will evaluate staff performance and work-related behavior per policies, obtaining information from appropriate personnel utilizing effective coaching to enhance the performance of the employee
- You will model leadership behavior, set expectations for team work and hold staff accountable for performance
- You will be demonstrate effectiveness in planning for future needs by budget preparation on an annual basis, monitoring monthly reports to ensure that the department stays within budget constraints
- You will participate in the organization's educational programs and support the community outreach program, while maintaining advanced practice study
- Licensed as a Registered Nurse in the State which you practice or must hold Compact/Multi-State RN License
- BSN Degree required; MSN Degree preferred
- A current BLS and ACLS from American Heart Association (AHA or American Red Cross) are required
- NRP-Neonatal Resuscitation Provider-required on hire or new transfer
- STABLE-required within 90 Days of employment
- 2+ years experience in Level III NICU required; 2+ years of leadership experience preferred
Trident Health is a 440 plus bed HCA Healthcare hospital system comprised of two acute care hospitals – Trident Medical Center and Summerville Medical Center – two freestanding emergency departments – Centre Point Emergency and Moncks Corner Medical Center – an and an affiliation with CareNow Urgent Care in Good Creek and Care Now Urgent Care in North Charleston. The Joint Commission recently named Trident Health as one of the nation's top hospitals for quality and safety for the fourth year in a row. Other noteworthy services include a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence, an award winning Heart Center, the Trident Breast Care Center and the South Carolina Institute for Robotic Surgery. Accredited by the Joint Commission, Trident Health is committed to providing quality health services along with wellness information and opportunities to the communities it serves.
Summerville Medical Center is a 120 plus bed hospital with a 24-hour emergency room and comprehensive medical services. The facility enjoys an enviable reputation for its cardiac services, pediatrics and women's service, including “home-like” birthing suites. Surgical services offered include orthopedic, reflux, robotic and weight loss surgeries. Summerville Medical Center is a five-star recipient for cardiovascular, neurosciences, critical care and patient safety outcomes according to a study released by Healthgrades, the leading online resource for comprehensive information about physicians and hospitals. This achievement is part of new findings and data featured in the Healthgrades 2019 report to the Nation.
The city of Summerville is where charm and southern hospitality blend gracefully with a modern and progressive atmosphere. Summerville, SC is rich in history with a focus on economic development that preserves the past while building for the future. Summerville is recognized as a nurturing community, where children can grow and develop. Minutes from historical Charleston and the beaches, our world-class sports venues and superior schools make Summerville truly a special place to work, live and play.
Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We are actively reviewing applications for our Manager opening. Highly qualified candidates will be promptly contacted by a member of our team. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.
Apply on company website