Current University of Arkansas System employees including student employees and graduate assistants need to log into Workday on My Apps. Simply enter "Find Jobs" in the Workday search bar to view open positions.
All Job Postings will close at 12:01 a.m. CT on the specified Closing Date (if designated). To view the job posting closing date please return to the search for jobs page.
If you close the browser or exit your application prior to submitting, the application process will be saved as a draft. You will be able to access and complete the application through “My Draft Applications” located on your Candidate Home page.
Type of Position:
Job Type: Regular
Work Shift: Day Shift (United States of America)
Institution Name: University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) has a unique combination of education, research, and clinical programs that encourages and supports teamwork and diversity. We champion being a collaborative health care organization, focused on improving patient care and the lives of Arkansans.
The safety of our team members at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is our top priority. For this reason, successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 or have an approved medical or religious exemption on file with our Student & Employee Health Services dept. UAMS will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination prior to employment to ensure compliance.
UAMS offers amazing benefits and perks (available for benefits eligible positions only):
- Health: Medical, Dental and Vision plans available for qualifying staff and family
- Holiday, Vacation and Sick Leave
- Education discount for staff and dependents (undergraduate only)
- Retirement: Up to 10% matched contribution from UAMS
- Basic Life Insurance up to $50,000
- Career Training and Educational Opportunities
- Merchant Discounts
- Concierge prescription delivery on the main campus when using UAMS pharmacy
Below you will find the details for the position including any supplementary documentation and questions you should review before applying for the opening. To apply for the position, please click the Apply link/button.
UAMS is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer of individuals with disabilities and protected veterans and is committed to excellence. If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by telephone at (501) 686-6432 and let us know the nature of your request. We will only respond to messages left that involve a request for a reasonable accommodation in the application process. We will accommodate the needs of any qualified candidate who requests a reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA).
At UAMS we value Diversity, Equity and Inclusion. Visit our website to learn more: https://ddei.uams.edu/
For general application assistance or if you have questions about a job posting, please contact Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Department: CHP | Physical Therapy
Summary of Job Duties: • Design and teach academic courses in area(s) of content expertise
• Engage in scholarly and service activities, consistent with university, college, and CAPTE expectations for core faculty
• Contribute to program and curriculum assessment and planning activities
- Doctoral degree, either (i) post-professional or (ii) DPT with advanced clinical specialization
- Minimum of 3 years' experience as a licensed physical therapist
- Strong communication, organizational & interpersonal skills; ability to identify & solve problems
- Contemporary expertise in clinical practice area
- Experience with designing and conducting independent or collaborative research in area of clinical expertise
- Advanced (non-clinical) Doctorate
- Physical therapy license, or license eligible, in Arkansas
- Teaching and expertise in neurological disorders, cardiopulmonary disorders or pediatrics.
- An ongoing scholarly agenda
- 3 years prior teaching experience in a physical therapy academic program
- Active involvement in professional activities at the local, state or national level
The College of Health Professions at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) seeks applicants for a full-time faculty positions in our new Department of Physical Therapy, which is located at the UAMS Northwest Campus in Fayetteville, Arkansas. This is an exciting opportunity for a creative, resourceful individual to contribute to an innovative new program that enjoys strong institutional and community support, exceptional facilities and a small class size. This is a 12-month tenure-track position at the assistant or associate professor rank, beginning Spring 2023. Salary and academic rank are commensurate with qualifications and college promotion and tenure criteria.
- The UAMS Physical Therapy program admits 28 students per year, utilizing an individualized, holistic admission process that considers both academic and non-academic admission factors.
- The curriculum emphasizes active learning methods, including flipping the classroom, that focus on integration and application of material and critical thinking skills. In-class sessions will involve problem-based and team-based learning, as well as inter-professional learning experiences.
- Newly renovated facilities include 14,000 square feet of dedicated teaching and research space and two outpatient clinics, a multi-disciplinary clinic and a dedicated out-patient rehabilitation therapy clinic. Faculty and students will have ongoing patient contact in these out-patient clinics as well as an onsite skilled nursing facility, beginning early in the curriculum.
- Simulations labs using standardized patients and in-house clinics will allow a progressive, ongoing clinical education experience, cumulating with, but not relying solely upon, clinical placements.
- Onsite research equipment includes 2 Tekscan VersaTek Walkways, a 12-camera Opitrack Prime 13 system and a 16-channel Delsys Trigno EMG unit, all synchronized with a MotionMonitor data acquisition, analysis and visualization system. Also a BTE Primus, a Neurocom Balance Master with Invision, a Cosmed Quark CPET Metabolic Testing System, an AlterG Anti-gravity Treadmill and a Cadwell Sierra Summit NCV/EMG unit. Collaborative research opportunities exist with other faculty at UAMS Northwest, UAMS Little Rock and the nearby University of Arkansas campus.
The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences (UAMS) is the only academic health sciences university in the state of Arkansas and the state's largest public employer with more than 10,000 employees in 73 of Arkansas' 75 counties. UAMS offers 64 professional and specialist degree programs and certificates through our Colleges of Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Public Health and Graduate School. Students attend classes at the UAMS main campus in Little Rock and our regional campus in northwest Arkansas. The College of Health Professions enrolls students at numerous regional campus sites throughout the state.
Located in the heart of Fayetteville, Arkansas, UAMS Northwest was established in 2007 to expand the opportunities to educate health care professionals in the state. UAMS Northwest offers educational opportunities for students in the UAMS Colleges of Health Professions, Medicine, Nursing and Pharmacy. The campus offers state of the art library and clinical simulation facilities. Programs at the campus are designed to promote inter-professional learning and clinical experiences.
Evaluation of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled.
Commensurate with education and experience
Cover Letter/Letter of Application, Curriculum Vitae, List of three Professional References (name, email, business title)
Required Documents to Apply:
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Recruitment Contact Information:
Please contact email@example.com for any recruiting related questions.
All application materials must be uploaded to the University of Arkansas System Career Site https://uasys.wd5.myworkdayjobs.com/UASYS
Please do not send to listed recruitment contact.
Pre-employment Screening Requirements:
This position is subject to pre-employment screening (criminal background, drug testing, and/or education verification). A criminal conviction or arrest pending adjudication alone shall not disqualify an applicant except as provided by law. Any criminal history will be evaluated in relationship to job responsibilities and business necessity. The information obtained in these reports will be used in a confidential, non-discriminatory manner consistent with state and federal law.
Constant Physical Activity:
Frequent Physical Activity:
Occasional Physical Activity:
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Apply on company website