At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as seventh in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
The Accounts Payable Processor is responsible for processing vendor invoices daily for timely payment; to help resolve and respond to customers complaints and disputes; and assist with other department responsibilities.
Accounts Payable (A/P) is a key unit of the UCSF Health Accounting Office. The mission of the UCSF Health Accounting Office is to deliver full accounting services and when necessary, revise and update the interrelated automated systems and guidelines for the entire Medical Center.
The UCSF Health A/P section is responsible for the timely payment of approx. 40,000.00 invoices per month, totaling $ 150,000,000.00 while adhering to complex policies and procedures regarding invoice processing and comprehend the intricacies of accounts payable, purchasing/receiving and general ledger systems and interfaces.
A general description of the services includes: paying invoices for vendors, employee reimbursements, entertainment and travel requests as well as refunds to health insurance company's and patients. In addition, the A/P office serves as the office of record for various A/P related documents and general ledger accounting. Members work daily with Purchasing, Receiving, UC Department, and vendor personnel.
The main function in the A/P department is to provide comprehensive payment service to all Medical Center Departments. The position requires that medical center vendors be paid in a timely manner and in accordance with all UC system wide policy, Generally Accepted Accounting Procedures (GAAP), and applicable laws.
Knowledge is required of the various computer systems that make-up the processing of A/P in the Medical Center, including the On-Line Accounts Payable and Purchasing Systems: Pathways Financial Management (PFM) and Pathways Material Management (PMM), processing refunds entered into an Access file and then uploaded into PFM, Microsoft Word, and Excel.
In addition, present and explain to all Medical Center Personnel who are in need the University A/P policies and procedures.
- Three years experience in accounts payable or accounting
- High School diploma; or equivalent experience
- Proficient in data entry
- Experience in Microsoft Office
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written)
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to adapt to a fast paced setting
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to work with minimum supervision
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations
- Experience with UC accounts payable system
- Experience with Allscripts (formally McKesson PMM - Pathways Materials Management) application
- Prior accounts payable experience in the medical industry
- College degree
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Health locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website