At UCSF Health, our mission of innovative patient care, advanced technology and pioneering research is redefining what's possible for the patients we serve – a promise we share with the professionals who make up our team.
Ranked by U.S. News & World Report as seventh in the country – UCSF Health is committed to providing the most rewarding work experience while delivering the best care available anywhere. In an environment that allows for continuous learning and opportunities for professional growth, UCSF Health offers the ideal atmosphere in which to best use your skills and talents.
UCSF Health invests more than $25M annually in capital and operating dollars on projects requiring Information Technology and Clinical Systems (IT/CS) resources to implement.
Project types include: Clinical Research, Organizational Strategy/Goals, Patient Safety, Patient Satisfier, Productivity, Regulatory/Compliance, ROI (Cost Reduction/Cost Savings), and IT/CS Service Continuity (upgrades/refreshes).
The Clinical Systems Project Manager will report directly to the Director of the Project Management Office. S/he is responsible for establishing the project tracking/reporting and risk management activities and overseeing project management of multiple complex projects.
This position requires the skills to manage and direct vendors, engineers, design and construction representatives and other team members to successfully complete these projects on time and within defined budget.
S/he must demonstrate the ability to organize, assign, track and follow up on issues across multiple streams of work and manage resources to meet established deadlines or escalate in a timely fashion. The incumbent must possess excellent organizational skills, pay attention to details, understand the needs of the customers, be knowledgeable about IT infrastructure and design and keep abreast of hospital policies and procedures.
S/he should be able to run a small program managing competing priorities and conflicts for limited resources with minimum supervision and the ability to understand new technologies and concepts quickly and be able to apply them to their projects appropriately.
In this customer facing role, s/he must establish a strong working relationship with the customer, clearly understand their requirements and work with them to design the optimum solution keeping current technology, future trends and the budget in mind. S/he will have the ability to influence people that do not directly report to them and hence must possess strong inter-personal skills such as team building, consensus building, diplomacy, persuasiveness and the ability to create a positive a work environment.
- Seven years of project management experience, principles, theories, and concepts
- Two years of experience working in Health Care Industry
- Bachelor's Degree in related area and / or equivalent experience / training
- Experience leading a team of technology professionals
- Working knowledge of technology-related initiatives and an understanding of impact to the organization of such initiatives
- Demonstrated capacity to anticipate obstacles and plan for contingencies
- Demonstrated attention to detail and ability to determine relevance and prioritize tasks
- Excellent logic, verbal and analytical skills
- Demonstrated competency in selecting and implementing project management methods and techniques
- Ability to work outside of office hours
- Proven leadership ability; effective problem solving skills; demonstrated ability to put forth persuasive arguments
- Effective skill at tracking effort and project progress; demonstrated highly advanced organization and project management skills; demonstrated strong conceptual and planning skills to analyze projects of broad and diverse scope; understands the cost impact of projects, project tracking tools and metrics
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with all levels of an organization
- Demonstrated ability to integrate critical information across disciplines; understands how projects relate to other business strategies and initiatives
- The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required
- Experience working with EPIC
- PMI Certification
- EPIC Certification in one or more Clinical or Revenue Cycle application(s)
- Advanced knowledge of all aspects of computing and communications including hardware infrastructure, networking, software, operations and disaster recovery
Living Pride Standards
- Demonstrates service excellence by following the Everyday PRIDE Guide with the UCSF Medical Center standards and expectations for communication and behavior. These standards and expectations convey specific behavior associated with the Medical Center's values: Professionalism, Respect, Integrity, Diversity and Excellence, and provide guidance on how we communicate with patients, visitors, faculty, staff, and students, virtually everyone, every day and with every encounter. These standards include, but are not limited to: personal appearance, acknowledging and greeting all patients and families, introductions using AIDET, managing up, service recovery, managing delays and expectations, phone standards, electronic communication, team work, cultural sensitivity and competency.
- Uses effective communication skills with patients and staff; demonstrates proper telephone techniques and etiquette; acts as an escort to any patient or family member needing directions; shows sensitivity to differences of culture; demonstrates a positive and supportive manner in which patients / families/ colleagues perceive interactions as positive and supportive. Exhibits team work skills to positively acknowledge and recognize other colleagues, and uses personal experiences to model and teach Living PRIDE standards.
- Exhibits tact and professionalism in difficult situations according to PRIDE Values and Practices
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to privacy, confidentiality, and security policies and procedures related to Protected Health Information (PHI) or other sensitive and personal information.
- Demonstrates an understanding of and adheres to safety and infection control policies and procedures.
- Assumes accountability for improving quality metrics associated with department/unit and meeting organizational/departmental targets.
- Keeps working areas neat, orderly and clutter-free, including the hallways. Adheres to cleaning processes and puts things back where they belong. Removes and reports broken equipment and furniture.
- Picks up and disposes of any litter found throughout entire facility.
- Posts flyers and posters in designated areas only; does not post on walls, doors or windows.
- Knows where the Environment of Care Manual is kept in department; corrects or reports unsafe conditions to the appropriate departments.
- Protects the physical environment and equipment from damage and theft.
The flexibility to orient and work at all UCSF Medical Center locations is required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of California San Francisco is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information. Further information about the University of California, San Francisco, is available at diversity.ucsf.edu. UCSF seeks candidates whose skills, and personal and professional experience, have prepared them to contribute to our commitment to diversity and excellence, and the communities we serve.
Apply on company website