The UCR Brain Game Center Research Coordinator will coordinate and contribute to research projects in the lab-testing and recruiting subjects using a variety of methods. The incumbent will also participate in the development of study protocols and other activities related to study management including, data processing and documentation for the PART system and other related activities. Also, the incumbent will use predeveloped scripts to assist in data analyses and modeling in collaboration with partners at Oregon Health & Science University. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Graduation from high school or a General Education Diploma and three (3) years of laboratory experience or two (2) years of college including courses in the natural, physical or social sciences and two (2) years of laboratory experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience; and knowledge and abilities essential to the successful performance of the duties assigned to the position. Required Bachelors degree in psychology, cognitive science, neuroscience, computer science, or a related field Preferred
Experience Experience Requirement Experience running and analyzing cognitive experiments Preferred
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Occasional travel for university related business meetings, conferences and/or professional development. Preferred Travel Outside of Normal Business Hours Preferred
Minimum Requirements Excellent skills working with subjects in a research setting
Demonstrated ability to manage students and research assistants in a laboratory setting
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Proficiency in conducting statistical analyses with SPSS, R, or another statistical package
Preferred Qualifications Advanced computer skills such as programming experience in R, MATLAB and/or Python
Advanced audio, movie, or graphics creation skills
Ability to occasionally work on an evening or weekend to assist in the recruitment of experimental participants and gathering experimental data
Ability to occasionally travel to assist in the recruitment of experimental participants and gathering experimental data
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website