Responsible for the implementation of the Information Security Office governance, risk management, compliance, and awareness program. Conduct risk assessments; coordinate audit engagements with relevant parties; maintain policies, standards and procedures designed to safeguard information and resources; manage information security awareness training. Conduct vulnerability assessments and security reviews through vulnerability scans and penetration tests to determine deviations from acceptable configurations, policies, and standards. Assess levels of risk and recommend appropriate mitigation controls. Please note: The budgeted hiring range for this position is up to $99,900. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Certifications Certification Requirement Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) Preferred Certified Ethical Hacking (CEH) Preferred
Conditions Condition Requirement Obtain PCI-DSS Internal Security Assessor (ISA) qualification within six (6) months of appointment begin date. Required Experience Experience Requirement 4 - 7 years of related experience. Required Experience managing a variety of computer operating systems such as Unix, Linux, and Microsoft Windows. Required Experience with security and privacy related regulations such as FERPA, HIPAA, PCI, etc. Preferred Experience conducting both web application penetration tests and network penetration tests. Preferred Experience with scanning tools like nmap, masscan, or similar assessment tools. Preferred Experience working in higher education. Preferred
Special Conditions Special Condition Requirement Must pass a background check. Required
Minimum Requirements Demonstrated skill at administering complex security controls and configurations to computer hardware, software and networks.
Knowledge of computer hardware, software and network security issues and approaches.
Experience using IT security systems and tools. Knowledge of data encryption techniques. Experience analyzing logs for security breaches.
Demonstrated skills applying security controls to computer software and hardware.
Demonstrated experience selecting and applying appropriate data encryption technologies.
Interpersonal skills sufficient to work effectively with both technical and non-technical personnel at various levels in the organization.
Ability to follow department processes and procedures.
Basic skill at reading and interpreting security logs.
Preferred Qualifications Knowledge of other areas of IT, department processes and procedures.
Experience in incident response and digital forensics including data collection, examination and analysis.
Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside was included in the (August 2018) edition of The Princeton Review's "The Best 382 Colleges."
- Shanghai Jiao Tong University (August 2017) Academic Ranking of World Universities ranked UC Riverside among the top 151 institutions. This survey bills itself as "the most trustworthy precursor of global rankings of the world's top 500 universities."
- In 2016, UCR was recognized for graduation rate success by the Association of Public and Land-Grant Universities (APLU) for achieving near parity across racial-ethnic, socio-economic, and gender boundaries.
- UCR ranks among the Top 15 Public Research Universities in the nation, as identified by the 2017 Washington Monthly.
- In 2017, two separate reports from the Education Trust celebrated UCR as a national leader for African American and Latino student success. UCR was one of just three schools to be named top-performing institutions in both reports and the only California campus recognized among 18 top-performing colleges and universities in the nation for high black student graduation rates.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Apply on company website