Job Description & Salary Range
UC Title: Principal Admin Analyst II
Position Number: 10005597
Reports to: Dir, Pgm & Perform Mgmt Office
Working Title: Sr. Project Manager - PMO
Cost Center: Program & Perform Mgmt Office (8620)
Bargaining Unit: None
Job Code: 0731
Date Created: 06/29/2019
Shift: Day Shift
The incumbent will play a large part in the success of UCI Health's strategic initiatives. Incumbent will be responsible for partnering with senior clinical and business leaders to develop and implement complex projects that drive sustainable, measurable improvements. Identifies, prioritizes, and scopes strategic priorities for the project management office (PMO). Manages multiple complex projects from beginning to end using UCI Health tools and methods. Partners with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement projects, programs, and processes. Establishes clear lines of communication and trusting relationships to accomplish change. Facilitates large groups and leads conversations to consensus. Leverages data systems to build a robust fact base and measure both financial and operational benefits. Establishes accountability and performance management processes to sustain change. Challenges status quo and becomes a thought partner for each area supported.
- Develops and delivers compelling presentations and reports for stakeholders. Proactively identifies project barriers and escalates to senior leaders in advance of impact.
- Develops and maintains project charters, plans, and relevant project materials. Follows a hypothesis driven approach to structure work, set the analytic focus, and complete analyses. Develops and uses frameworks to clearly communicate ideas, plans, and solutions to stakeholders.
- Develops new frameworks, tools, and techniques to advance PPMO methods and skillsets. Identifies constructive feedback for PPMO team. Advises leaders on healthcare industry, best practices, trends, and regional competitors.
- Establishes roadmaps and schedules for change. Creates materials for executive level updates and presents progress. Establishes performance management for each project to sustain change.
- Manages project scope and day to day operational aspects of projects. Assigns tasks and responsibilities to individuals and project teams. Facilitates project meetings and delivers projects on time.
- Uses data to build a fact base that aligns stakeholders and creates the case for change. Monitors and analyzes data to identify new opportunities for greater change.
salary commensurate with experience
3+ years internal or external consulting (or equivalent experience)
Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships across the Health System
Ability to maintain a work pace appropriate to the workload
Ability to maintain an organized approach, clarity of purpose, and goal orientation in a rapidly changing environment involving multiple stakeholders of various levels from throughout the organization.
Ability to manage risk and ambiguity on a project
Ability to plan, set expectations (for self and others), and accomplish multiple objectives within specific timeframes.
Analytical ability to develop, analyze and interpret application of data
Effective communicator able to understand the needs of a variety of audience members and tailor a message accordingly
Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
Experience with structured Change Management methodologies
Good team leadership and motivational skills and good creative problem solving skills
Must be results-driven to drive quantifiable results
Must demonstrate customer service skills appropriate to the job
Must possess the skill, knowledge and ability essential to the successful performance of assigned duties
Proficiency in Microsoft Office to include Outlook, Excel, Word, Visio, Access and PowerPoint, and statistical data analysis software and other desktop applications
Proven ability to quickly develop credibility with various/all constituencies
Results-oriented change agent who is an effective business systems thinker
Strong facilitation skills
Strong project management skills
Understanding of business planning including analysis, budgeting, feasibility studies, and implementation.
Understands and has significant experience in the use of tools for process improvement to include lean methodologies, project management, change management, and other improvement techniques
Knowledge of healthcare market, government rules and regulations
Physical, Mental & Environmental Demands:
To comply with the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 the essential physical, mental and environmental requirements for this job are listed below. These are requirements normally expected to perform regular job duties. Incumbent must be able to successfully perform all of the functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation.
Apply on company website