The Department of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation's primary purpose is to provide a full range of rehabilitation services designed to restore patients to their optimal functional capacity. This position shall function under the Chief Speech Pathologist to provide evaluative, diagnostic, and treatment procedures for pediatric through geriatric patients for the Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Department. Job Summary Final Filing Date 06/13/2023 Salary Range $63.32 Salary Frequency Hourly Appointment Type Per Diem Number of Positions 1 Percentage of Time 43% Shift Hour 10 Hours Location Main Hospital City Sacramento Union Representation Yes Benefits Eligible No THIS IS NOT AN H1- B OPPORTUNITY *Reposted 03/30/2023 Responsibilities The Speech Pathologist position requires a depth of theoretical and applied knowledge for diagnosing and treating patients with augmentative communication needs, developmental speech and language disorders, acquired cognitive and language disorders, fluency, voice, dysphagia, aphasia, apraxia, and dysarthria. The Speech Pathologist functions autonomously, providing teaching and consultation with other departments, physicians, and therapy specialists within UCDMC, educational specialists as well as other community agencies/service providers. Requires coordination with primary care/service providers and management of insurance authorizations. Required Qualifications
- California Licensed Speech Pathologist
- Certificate of Clinical Competence in Speech-Language Pathology (CCC-SLP) from the American Speech-Language-Hearing Association (ASHA)
- Master's Degree in Speech Pathology
- Knowledge of current therapeutic and evaluative instruments.
- Ability to report to referring physician regarding patient diagnosis, skills, and prognosis using appropriate terminology and information.
- Ability to extract pertinent information to relate to family members and be empathetic and supportive.
- Ability to establish programs based on testing results appropriate for each patient.
- Ability to follow verbal and written instructions given by section chief, including attendance at weekly meetings.
- Applicants are encouraged to upload license and certification if required of the position.
- Minimum eight (8) shifts per month. (Two (2) weekend shifts are required per 4-week scheduling period). Opportunity for more based on operational needs.
- This position may be subject to a criminal background investigation, drug screen, Live Scan fingerprinting, medical evaluation clearance, and functional capacity assessment.
- The University of California has implemented a SARS-CoV-2 (COVID-19) Vaccination Program SARS-CoV-2 Vaccination Policy (ucop.edu) covering all employees. To be compliant with the policy, employees must submit proof of vaccination or a University-approved exception or deferral.
Apply on company website