The Executive Assistant position is responsible for comprehensive executive administrative support to the Vice President of Administrative Services (VPAS) and oversees the administrative, operational, budgetary, and project management/tracking functions for the Administrative Services Division. The position is responsible for day-to-day constituency services and administrative support activities, managing independent projects, establishing effective project reporting and tracking systems, acting as the primary point of contact for both internal and external constituencies, assisting the VPAS in communicating with constituents, and handling multiple incoming issues and concerns as they arise.
Position requires frequent contact with clients, the public, and College faculty, staff, and students. Plans and carries out work independently and with minimum supervision while utilizing knowledge of laws, policies and regulations. Responsible for prioritizing and managing issues as they arise. Maintains and ensures a confidential environment at all times.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $65,585. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Competitive salary is within the Range stated above, and commensurate with qualifications and experience. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
The Administrative Services Division oversees four departments (Campus Operations, Public Safety, Finance, Compliance and Legal Matters) supporting the daily operations of the campus. The division and its departments are responsible for finance and budgeting, public safety, emergency management, public records, contracts and purchasing, legal matters, capital projects, and plant management. Together, they drive efficient campus operations and ensure the college has the resources and the right setting to support student success.
- Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks for the VPAS including managing complex calendar appointments; composing and preparing correspondence; and arranging complex and detailed travel plans.
- Relieve the VPAS of routine operational and administrative details and perform administrative functions. Research, prioritize, and follow up on incoming issues and concerns addressed to the VP. Safeguard the confidentiality of College matters by exercising discretion in communicating information to faculty, students, staff and the various public constituencies served by the College and in handling administrative records, legal files, contracts and similar confidential items.
- Serve as key research resource for the VP on operational procedures, organizational structure, office goals and objectives, and College regulations, policies, and procedures before implementation.
- Oversee and manage the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of AS operational needs; operational coordination of the general flow of work within the office; track activities and prioritize incoming paperwork/correspondence for review and action and draft letters of response; and other office support.
- Serve as the SharePoint administrator for the Administrative Services site and sub-sites. Manage and maintain documents and other information on the AS SharePoint site.
- Plan and coordinate AS events, meetings, and retreats. Collaborate as needed in planning and organizing college-wide events.
- Obtain and provide specific information on various issues, recommending solutions, coordinating and assisting with operational policy issues; develop and implement operational policies and procedures, ensuring that practices are in conformance with College regulations and policies; interpret College and departmental policies, and advise staff and students of policy provisions.
- Supervise, schedule, and train temporary support personnel.
- Responsible for the overall budget management of the department. Assists in the preparation of annual and biennial budgets. Prepares and monitors all budget projections. Provides data and advice when preparing budget requests. Prepares quarterly budget reports.
- Manage, maintain, and audit financial processes in the department. Prepare monthly financial reports. Develop, maintain and manage all financial reports and records.
- Process requisitions and invoices; prepare and submit contracts; manage, prepare and process purchasing.
- Manages the forms library for the college.
- Serve as co-lead in managing 25Live for the campus. Develop and schedule training, communicate updates to appropriate stakeholders, implement improvements to the scheduling system and manage of all non-instructional space.
- Collaborate with various administrative units in problem solving; research issues and special projects, and recommend solutions. Assist with the development and execution of area goals and objectives.
- Develop comprehensive project tracking and management plans in conjunction with AS directors.
- Maintain AS goals and multi-year work plans and manage periodic reporting on plan objectives. Manage filing and tracking of correspondence, written documentation, and emails to meet institutional policies and state record retention requirements and to serve the needs of the unit. Organize documentation and material for the VPAS.
- Establish, enhance, and expedite process improvement across organization. Implement processes and practices that can adapt quickly to changing organization, business, and demands. Review business process, system or other changes that might impact existing workflows and recommends methods to optimize to desired state and improve efficiency.
- Organize and support special programs and projects. Monitor programs/projects as they relate to departmental goals.
- Research information, compile statistics, gather, compute and analyze various data; prepare special reports; help implement "best practices" within area operations.
- Research and prepare background information for presentations, articles and publications.
- Maintain knowledge on current developments and practices in Public Records, Contracts and 25Live.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- A college degree AND three (3) years of administrative experience. Any combination of relevant education and experience may be substituted for the educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Demonstrated ability to use at a high level of competency e-mail, word processing, spreadsheet, presentation, and electronic calendar software applications.
- Effective interpersonal and intercultural communication skills; expresses written and verbal information using language that is appropriate to the complexity of the topic and the knowledge and understanding of the audience
- Demonstrated ability to foster and maintain harmonious working relations.
- Experience in maintaining a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to multitask and prioritize projects.
- Flexibility of schedule and willingness to work select evenings and/or weekends.
- Public Records and Records Management experience, training, and/or certification.
- Experience with scheduling software, such as 25Live.
- Experience with state contracts and or the state contracting process.
- Experience with establishing forms management sites and creating forms.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities with varying deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to interact with a wide range of people, including students, faculty, staff, donors, and other College offices.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and take initiative while contributing to a team environment.
Applications received by 02/12/2020 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to start of employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
- Attach a Resume
- Attach a Cover Letter
- Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (min 1 pg, max 2 pgs)
Apply on company website