Assistant Procurement Manager
Senior Procurement Manager
The Assistant Procurement Manager will support the company's supply chain at all levels while leading the team of Buyers in daily activities, including RFx processes.
- Develops and leads Buyers in daily activities to align with a commodity strategy.
- Supports company's supply chain at all levels.
- Evaluates market conditions to maintain inventory levels and control costs.
- Evaluates and recommends vendors through RFx process.
- Performs and monitors Supplier Reviews.
- Manages ongoing relationships with suppliers.
- Review and negotiate contracts based on company strategy.
- Ensures that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhere to approved budgets.
- Manages subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs.
- Member of Supply Management Team and responsibilities as assigned.
Teamwork: Working as a productive member of a cohesive group toward a common goal, and contributing to team development and effective team dynamics.
Usage of Technical Expertise: Acquiring and applying technical and functional knowledge in one's own technological area of specialty.
Financial Awareness: Actively seeking opportunities to optimize financial costs and investments when making decisions that have a financial implication.
Leadership: Achieving results through people by successful objective setting, performance review, motivation, delegation, team-building, commitment gains, and empowerment.
Planning and Organizing: Setting priorities and defining actions, time, and resources needed to achieve predefined goals.
Problem Solving: Having the ability to identify problems and issues of varying complexities and to find effective solutions with few guidelines.
Results Orientation: Being persistent and showing perseverance on achieving concrete and tangible results out of personal responsibility; getting optimum results from situations and being ready to take action and show tenacity in case of obstacles or resistance.
This position has supervisory responsibilities.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Must be able to perform repetitious hand/eye movement, must be able to sit for long periods
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work vary Monday through Friday.
Required Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain Management or 5+ years equivalent experience
- 5 years experience in related area as individual contributor (Buyer level or higher)
- 2-3 years supervisory experience
- Broad knowledge of indirect commodities with focus on technology
- Extensive knowledge of the procurement functions and overall departmental processes
- Experience in negotiating and reviewing complex contracts in compliance with company policy
- Experience in developing and leading RFx processes
- Strong PC skills with excellent working knowledge of MS Office Excel, Word and Adobe applications
Preferred Education and Experience
Working knowledge of Service Now platform.
Proven leadership ability in leading and mentoring a team.
Experience in developing, analyzing, and negotiating contracts through to execution.
Proven leadership in developing inter-departmental relationships through written and oral communication.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities)
- Strong problem-solving, advanced communication, and analytical skills.
- Strong business and financial background/knowledge.
- Knowledge of and solid track record in cost savings and avoidances.
- Strong problem solving, advanced communication and analytical skills.
- Capacity to multi-task with a high degree of accuracy and detail in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Skilled in principled negotiation while maintaining vendor relationships.
- Adeptness for problem solving and customer service.
- Flexible to adjust to changing requirements, schedules and priorities.
- Ability to bring together ideas, make recommendations and generate team consensus to move forward.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to demonstrate the core values of the team.
- Ability to focus on objective criteria.
- Ability to discern and address non-verbal cues.
- Strong planning and organizational abilities.
- Ability to separate the people from the problem.
- Able to listen for understanding.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Apply on company website