The Development Coordinator is responsible for providing support services for BC Foundation (BCF) and KBCS development staff, donors, prospects, and other stakeholders. This position is responsible for managing all aspects of fundraising database management including gift processing, gift acknowledgment and gift and data auditing, as well as managing customer service, research, and member and donor communications as related to donor and member giving. The position supports the Associate Directors of Development-Annual Giving and KBCS in meeting annual and special campaign related fundraising goals.
The Development Coordinator works in the BC Foundation office and will report to the Associate Director of Development - Annual Giving. This position will have primary responsibility for tracking and reporting the Foundation's and KBCS's annual funds activity. This position will also support the BC Foundation Board of Directors and other key volunteers to achieve annual fundraising goals of the Foundation including supporting all major fundraising events.
Responsibilities include supporting the BCF and KBCS development staff as appropriate; in preparing reports and maintaining databases, processing contributions, providing first-tier customer service via phone and email, drafting gift acknowledgment letters, supporting successful fundraising and donor acknowledgment events, researching donor prospects and constituent groups, and other duties and processes necessary to maintain the integrity of our donor base.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Salary range begins at $50,035. Annual salary will be commensurate with candidate's qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College's excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 44% students of color and over 1,100 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ABOUT THE DEPARTMENT
Institutional Advancement is the external facing division of Bellevue College which includes marketing, public relations, graphic design and the Bellevue College Foundation. The Foundation works with the college to build a culture of philanthropy and support. The Foundation's purpose is to raise funds to fulfill the mission of the Foundation and thereby the college's mission. The Foundation's goal is to increase its impact on the college and community by increasing capacity and contributed revenue, act as a bridge connecting the college and the community, and serve as a customer service unit to the College.
Database & Data Management
- Conduct data clean-up in Contact Relationship Management (CRM) database Raiser's Edge (RE)
- Assist Associate Directors of Development Annual Fund and KBCS to ensure that all appropriate gift documentation is filed and maintain records filing system
- Manage the creation, review and maintenance of all BCF and KBCS Procedure and Process (P&P) Documents
- Collect, review and categorize data to assist Development staff in evaluating and determining development strategies
- Utilizing functionality within RE as well as other data tools, create ad hoc and fundraising reports for reporting out, analysis and audit purposes; recurring reports including monthly invoices, major donor giving levels, retention, acquisition etc.
- Manage the pledge reminder process for the BC Foundation
- Enter all data related to donations (cash, pledges and in-kind contributions) into RE and apply correct coding such as appeal, campaign and allocation codes for each record in an accurate and timely manner
- Monitor donor benefits and ensure that they are executed in an appropriate and timely manner
- Gift reconciliation through daily, monthly and as needed periods to assure that all gifts are receive and logged correctly into RE
- Provide prompt customer service for prospects and donors to the Foundation and KBCS
- Build and monitor relationships and passive solicitation of contributions, support and donations from current and potential donors using a variety of applications and tools
- Conduct Donor and Prospect research as requested
- Timely and effective acknowledgment to donors, supporters, and friends of the Foundation and KBCS
- Perform other duties as assigned
- A Bachelor's Degree. Relevant work experience may be substituted for the education requirement on a year-for-year basis
- At least 2 years of work experience in fundraising or development
- Effective communication skills and organizational skills
- A familiarity with CRMs like Blackbaud Raiser's Edge
- Demonstrated moderate to advanced level computer skills including the most current Windows operating system; Microsoft Office Suite, specifically MS Excel and MS Word programs
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team setting
- Effective interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, create and sustain productive working relationships with diverse populations
- Basic knowledge of website and social media management skills
- A record of good judgment, integrity, innovation, and creativity
- Ability to work early mornings, evenings and weekends as needed
- A strong command of CRM, Blackbaud Raiser's Edge
- Experience with social media campaigns and assessment
- Experience working in higher education
- Experience working in or with community-based public radio
Application deadline is now extended through 05/31/2020 to receive a first consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to start an employment, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant's suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How To Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete. Any application that does not provide all requested information will be considered incomplete and will not be screened for the position.
- Complete an online Application (note that stating "See Resume" on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
- Attach a Cover Letter
- Attach a Curriculum Vitae/Resume
- Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (maximum 2 pages).
Apply on company website