Raman Gulati is the Senior Director of Product Development at TweetMyJobs.
By Raman Gulati
At fMC, Facebook unveiled Timeline for Pages – a great new design for the 37 million brand and business pages that will be rolled out to everyone on Friday.
When Mike Hoefflinger, (Facebook’s Director of Global Business Marketing) made clear that the “Page” should be considered “mission control” for a business on Facebook, we immediately realized that this provided huge opportunities for companies looking to hire. Facebook is trying to help businesses craft a more personal story to build connections with people – exactly what recruiters and talent managers do each and every day!
So what if TweetMyJobs could innovate and enable recruiters and talent managers to integrate a social career site and connect with talent from within their new Timeline Page?
We decided to set ourselves the challenge of building an app that could do this and have it live before Timeline for Pages was rolled out to everyone on March 30th. Our engineers and designers worked round the clock and with one day to spare it’s great to announce the new app went live today and is ready for your business. We focused on 5 core principles:
- Design – It’s super cool and feels like part of your Timeline.
- Social – Anyone can share jobs, recommend friends, and enable referrals to you from trusted sources thanks to the Who? Button.
- Search – It’s dead easy for seekers to find jobs through search or by looking on our Google Maps mashup.
- Custom – It comes with a suite of tools that allows you to promote your brand, add content, include videos and control functionality.
- Talent – Now you can build a community of people interested in working with you and send them targeted jobs where they want them, when they want them.
Here’s what it looks like – check it out live on TweetMyJobs’ Facebook Page.